Monday, March 5, 2007

Walk This Way (Part II)

After careful consideration, here are some of my favorite songs to walk to:

Fall From Grace - Blue Rodeo. It's a little slow, but has such a funky guitar going on in the back that it gives me the kick I need.

Walk This Way - Aerosmith. Ironically, just a little quick, but too groovy to leave off the list. Whenever I listen to it, though, I get visions of those white Adidas (from the video with Run DMC) shuffling forward, and I want to... well, walk that way. And that makes me feel kind of like Ozzy. And that leads me to...

Perry Mason - Ozzy. Heavy, groovy, and stompy (a word Denise coined that I am rather fond of). The tempo is good, but this one is not good for listening to in museums, while shopping, or at any other time in which I am in a crowd of people who I should refrain from crushing.

Until You - Dave Barnes. A little slow, but purposeful. And gorgeous. Is there anything this song can't do?

Steve McQueen - Sheryl Crow. This song hauls, and we're planing to do it for the MNB. This may be the toughest of the bunch to not sing along to as I walk, but it can induce a careless swagger like almost no other song can.

Great Indoors - John Mayer. This one is just a touch slow, but feels sooooooo good. And it's just perfectly in my range, so I can sing to my heart's content as I walk.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

*nodnod*

it really is all about the stompy!

(and this week I will have time to write proper replies to your posts and/or send a proper email... I hope :p)

d -

Darryl said...

Excellent! And I hope I wasn't misusing it by applying it to Perry Mason...