Saturday, March 31, 2007

Could You Hold This For Me, Please?

I've been looking for a photo hosting site. You'd think this would be pretty easy, but it's not.

Here's what I want:
  • a place that doesn't limit my storage space, especially by month (because sometimes I take a lot of pictures)
  • a place that makes it easy for people to see my pictures, either by theme or by new ones uploaded
  • a place with user forums where I can get some feedback from experienced photographers... yeah, it'll sting for a while, but it's the only way to get better, so bring it on
  • a place that will allow me to sell prints
  • a place with a clean interface and quick servers
  • it would be great if it interfaced with slide and blogger so that I didn't have to have my pictures on multiple sites
I don't think it's a lot to ask, but there are not many that seem up to the task. So, I'm trying zenfolio. Has anyone else used it? Any other suggestions?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I haven't used it so I can't say much, but flickr seems to be one of the most popoular sites out there.

Darryl said...

Yeah, I use that one sometimes, but it's bit messy. In any case, nice to see you on, bud! Glad you survived the day on the train...

troyhead said...

It sounds weirder than it is, but deviantart.com might be what you're looking for. I haven't actually signed up, but according to their terms of service there is no limit to uploads and how long they will store images. However, they reserve the right to change that. =)

Darryl said...

I've checked it out before, but deviant doesn't let me upload multiple files at one time, and I find the interface a bit confusing. Have you used it much? Maybe there are some easier ways that I just haven't come across...