Tuesday, March 20, 2007

My New Camera

Well, I got the camera, and decided to take it for a spin tonight... cold wind, encroaching darkness and lack of knowledge or not. Here are some of the my first shots.


Stubby trees along the lake.



Some flowers with the lake, the city, and the Jura behind them.



Public toilets. Inviting, eh?



The stubby trees again, but in the hood of a Merc.



In the park across from the lake.



I like the texture.



LOVE the design of this window. Gorgeous.



A garage.



Nothing says "we only sell heirloom-quality jewelry" quite like a clown with a drum.



Watches and bars.



More watches and bars.



In a cafe near my home.



By the little dog statue, as my little chick knows.



My street.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice! now I want to go on camera adventures again. (but I'm a wimp, and I'm waiting for warmer weather...)

d -

Darryl said...

Thanks! Mr Weather Guy says you'll be up to 14° on Friday. That may not be summer, but it's certainly spring-ish...

Anonymous said...

yep- you are on your way! Now all you need is a good mac with a great photo editing program! Then..oh man then...you will truly see the light;)

peace...
jc

Darryl said...

Sounds great! As soon as they come out with a good mac, I'll be at the front of the line...

troyhead said...

Those are great pictures! I think we like shots of the same sorts of things. I don't know why, but I like the symmetry of "a garage", and the contrast of blurriness and not-blurriness on "watches and bars". The night-time stuff looks really cool too. I also have a strange affinity for the knobby trees.

Darryl said...

Thanks, man - I'm glad you like them! The garage one is far and away my favorite of the bunch. I wish my lens had gone a little wider to get just a touch more curve in it. It's amazing what a difference this camera makes compared to my digicam, especially in low light. Fun, fun, fun!

troyhead said...

by the way, i posted some new stuff on my blog.

Darryl said...

Threadjacker! Lol... on my way...