Tuesday, April 24, 2007

More Tuesday Evening Pictures

Mostly from Parc des Bastions this time. I think that morning must be the best time to shoot there... it was hard to find sun in the early evening, but the poppies continue to captivate me...





And the gates from the park entrance... the trees behind have these gorgeous red flowers in them, and the contrast of the gold with the red behind was stunning:



And, finally, some of the chess guys. I usually don't shoot them much... it seems a little cliché and perhaps a bit opportunistic. But there's a fine line between being opportunistic and taking advantage of moments of possibility: when I saw these three together contemplating the next move, it was undoubtedly a moment of possibility.

3 comments:

troyhead said...

Did one of the chess guys lose his shirt in a previous match?

Darryl said...

Hmmmm.... old men playing strip-chess in the park. Congratulations, bud, I think that may be the creepiest thing I've ever thought.

*shudder*

troyhead said...

I was thinking more of a bet kind of thing where he ran out of money and had to throw in the shirt of his back to call. You added the creepy factor on your own, man.

Hey guess what... we bought a townhouse in Renfrew. You'll have to check it out when you come back for a visit next time.