Saturday, April 14, 2007

Finally

I finally won at poker again. I think it's been about 3 years since I finished in top spot at one of our little tournaments. Thankfully, we play for less than that cost of a movie, I'm usually pretty fully engaged in either getting the next pizza out, chair-dancing and singing along to whatever is playing, and trying to join in on the conversation at the other end of the table to notice. Oh yeah, and dealing. So it doesn't really bother me - I always have a great time. Every time.

But it's nice to win, too. And I met some really great friends-of-friends, got to spend a nice, relaxed evening with people I love to have time with... it was great, even if someone who will remain unnamed decided it would be a good idea to put on Simon and Garfunkel and then play along with it on the little chick's piano. In retrospect, it was maybe not the direction we should have gone. And, of all people, I should have known better. But I was actually concentrating this time, which may be somehow linked to the whole winning thing. But I'm not jumping to any conclusions.

And the best part is that, until my title is taken from me, I can, in Brian's tradition, sign all of my emails (and perhaps legal documents - still looking into that) as "The King". And since I host, I can put off the next one for a long, long time.

I won't, but I could.


Going to sleep now,
The King

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Brian was dealing this game and he was out early. You were only dealing at the very start. Once we put the tables together and you didn't have to worry about dealing cards all of a sudden you were raking in pots. I think there is a corralation.

Darryl said...

It's also been a long time since we started with a Margherita pizza - I completely forgot to factor that in. Science is tricky! But you're probably right - concentration does make a difference. Which is a bummer.

Anonymous said...

I dunno. King is King. There's always some lucky break for everybody's win... but King is King.

Revel and reign!

Darryl said...

Yeah, I'll take that.. lol.