Sunday, April 5, 2009

Fast, Furious, and Setting

So, the third Fast & The Furious movie is now out. Can someone tell me how this happened? I remember seeing the first one on the plane, at a time - as far as I can recall - when Air Canada was still just showing everyone the same movie at the same time. I'm pretty sure that's right, because I'm pretty sure that there is no way I would have watched it on purpose.

I remember being struck by a number of things: how pointless it was, how bad the acting was, how long it actually took me to realize that it wasn't a spoof. But it must have made money, because they made a sequal. And now a third one. I suppose that it wouldn't be that tough to develop the subsequent screenplays - they probably spent more time choosing the rims for the main cars. But really... a third one? really?

So, as my own personal antidote to Vin Diesel driving fast (probably to get away from the awful dialogue with that other guy whose name I don't remember and who may be the only actor in the world, besides the beloved Keanu Reeves, who can make Vin look so good), here are some sunset shots I got tonight on my way home from a little road trip to Edmonton.

Oh, and it was just a sunset, so I didn't bother to post a bazillion pictures... the others look pretty similar to these. But if you want to see these ones bigger, you can do that here...





6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry Darryl, you are behind the times. Number 4 is coming out in a few days:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1013752/

Darryl said...

I don't know how I could possibly have missed that.

I'm going to go cry, now.

Anonymous said...

Numinous and sublime.

The pics ain't bad either.

Darryl said...

I had to look up "numinous", but thanks, Dandy. Vin always brings out the best in me... ;-)

Anonymous said...

Wow. Phenom. The colors are terrific.

I never watch bad movies. Not ever. The only bad movie I've been forced to watch in the last few years was Shrek 2 or 3 or whatever crappy tortured version it was. It was so awful it was offensive.

I think I must be a snob. If so, I truly can't help it.

Darryl said...

If you say "discerning" instead of "snob" it sounds better. You know, for next time. In any case, I hear you...